The Museum of Sex is a dynamic, forward thinking institution dedicated to opening discourse and exchange around the topic of human sexuality. We are located in the heart of New York City. The Museum of Sex is seeking an assistant retail store manager for their flagship store on 5th Avenue.
- Responsible for daily operation of the store by organizing and prioritizing all operational functions.
- Demonstrates a complete knowledge of the merchandise: features, benefits to maximize sales opportunity.
- Achieve and exceed productivity and sales plan expectations.
- Partner with Director of Operations and Managers to develop business driving initiatives that build repeat business and attract new customers to the store.
- Helps to maintain a high level of visual standards.
- Passionate about customer experience and environment.
- Consistent “can-do” attitude. Willing to take on additional projects.
- Maintains a consistent presence on selling floor.
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum Experience: 1+ years experience in Retail Management
- Minimum Education: High School Diploma or BA/BS degree
- Preferred Previous Type of Company: Museum/hospitality/tourism/technology/retail industry
- Excellent verbal, organizational and written communication skills.
- Detailed oriented.
- Solid skills in MS Office suite of programs.
- Comfortable working in a small, entrepreneurial, “roll-up-one’s sleeves environment.
- Strong interpersonal, customer service skills, detailed oriented and selling initiatives.
- Proficient in POS database maintenance, MS Office, and Outlook.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends and special events.
- Proven highly successful sales track record in solution based selling.
- High level of values ethics and trust.
- The ability to think quickly on your feet.
- You are a team player.
Compensation based on experience.
Please provide a current resume and cover letter describing your attention to detail and your ability to adapt and
be flexible in all situations. Please submit your resume with a cover letter to email@example.com.