The Museum of Sex is seeking inspired associates for our Café Bar. Much more than a place for exciting exhibits, The Museum of Sex also presents a dazzling range of products and beverages for its patrons. Show us who you are and what you can bring to our team!
- Provide excellent customer service to all in accordance to Museum standards.
- Make drinks/potions accurate to the recipes provided, both for consistency and inventory purposes.
- Ring up drinks properly in the point of sale system to accurately reflect inventory sold.
- Maintain an active stock of Simple Syrup, Elixirs and Mixers for drinks in accordance with the Oral Fix recipe Guide. Training is available.
- Maintain a clean, safe environment in accordance with health code procedures.
- Regularly wipe down the tables and counters.
- Wash all dishes and glasses (using the rinse, wash and sanitize sinks). Make sure all dishes and glasses from your shift are washed before your particular shift ends.
- Notify Café Manager when liquor supplies are low. Utilize the Café Restock log to ensure it is communicated.
Restock displays as needed—both the refrigerated and non-refrigerated cases.
- Maintain knowledge of all drinks/foods carried in the café. Notify Café Manager if training is needed.
- Flexible to work in retail store as an associate when needed.
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum Experience: 1+ years
- Minimum Education: High School Diploma
- Preferred Previous Type of Company: Museum/hospitality/tourism/technology/retail/security industry
- Act in a professional matter while on the sales floor.
- Adhere to the dress code that is provided.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Work independently with minimum supervision.
- Arrive on time for your scheduled shift and find coverage if needed.
- All café staff must obtain the New York Alcohol Safety Certification. It is entirely done online.
- All café staff must take the New York Food Protection exam.
Compensation based on experience.
Please provide a current resume and cover letter describing your attention to detail and your ability to adapt and
be flexible in all situations. Please submit your resume with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.