The Museum of Sex is the world’s foremost institution and brand whose mission is to explore human sexuality as a central tenet of cultural discourse. We bring disruptive innovation to the cultural and commercial landscapes through exhibition, retail, food, digital, and other creative initiatives.
We are growing and committed to building an all-star company. Our team is ambitious and passionate; the environment is creative, intense, entrepreneurial and fun.
As a Security Guard, daily tasks may include but are not limited to:
- Standing for long periods of time
- Patrolling assigned areas
- Effectively handling escalated situations
- Allowing entry into the Museum
- Assisting museum visitors, explaining policies, providing directions throughout the Museum and store.
- Guarding artifacts and ensuring their safety
- Maintain the appearance of the Museum
- Opening and Closing the Museum
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Applicants should be capable of standing for an entire shift.
- Applicants should be professional looking, punctual, hard working, organized and adaptable individuals.
- Applicants should be able to effectively deescalate a situation.
- Applicants should be problem solvers and possess the ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- It is mandatory that candidate arrive on time for scheduled shifts. Tardiness will not be tolerated.
- Must be available weekends.
- Minimum Experience: 1+ years
- Minimum Education: High School Diploma
- Preferred Previous Type of Company: Museum/hospitality/tourism/technology/retail/security industry
Compensation starts @ $9/hr.
Please submit your resume with a cover letter to email@example.com.